Lixoft provides PK model libraries. The purpose of this library is to provide the user an extensive set of classical PK model to help him during the modelization. These model can be split between the number of compartments, their type of absorption and their type of elimination.
- V: volume of distribution,
- k: elimination rate constant,
- Cl: clearance of elimination,
- Vm: maximum elimination rate (in amount per time unit),
- Km: Michaelis-Menten constant (in concentration unit),
- ka: absorption rate constant,
- Tlag: lag time,
- Tk0: absorption duration for zero order absorption
There are two parameterizations for one compartment models, (V and k) or (V and Cl). The equations are given for the first parameterization (V; k). The equations for the second parameterizations (V; Cl) are derived using .
Hypothesis and initial conditions
We assume that for all time before the first dose.
Linear elimination model
Additional hypothesis : At each dose, the concentration in the central compartment has an increasing step of
Single dose :
Multiple doses :
|Dose type||Time is less or equal to the last dose timing plus the infusion timing, i.e.||Time is greater than the last dose timing plus the infusion timing, i.e.|